Potato Chip Casserole
This is a true white-trash favorite. I grew up on the stuff. It's so fattening, you can actually hear your arteries gasping for air with every bite. But don't let that deter you -- it's good. Real good. And it sure beats your Mom's possum stew. That dog WILL hunt, Pa!
1 medium bag of regular flavored, ridged potato chips (about 7 ounces), crushed
2 cans of Campbell's Mushroom Soup (DO NOT ADD WATER!!!!)
2 cans of tuna
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
- In large bowl, mix 90% of the potato chips with both cans of mushroom soup and both cans of tuna. Stir until well blended.
- Pour potato chip mixture into baking dish.
- Sprinkle remaining 10% of crushed potato chips on top.
- Place dish in oven and bake for 20-35 minutes or until the top is golden brown and crisp.
- Serve with a side of fresh cottage cheese and go tell your cousin (a.k.a. your wife) to fetch you a beer....and your juice harp....Yeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaawwwww! Whip out that banjo, cousin Jeb! It's time for a hoedown!
Other white trash favorites:
- sliced, frozen hotdogs on top a frozen pizza before baking.
- poached eggs mixed with saltine crackers and liberal dashes of salt and pepper
- milk toast, milk toast, milk toast
- May I have another fried bologna sandwich, please?
- what IS mush, anyway?
- dried beef gravy over bisquits with a side of fried potatoes and onions.
- two cans of pork & beans mixed with sauteed onions and a half pound of cooked hamburger, brought to a boil
- Mmmmmmmm. Velveeta.